French Vogue (Summer 2019)
French Vogue (Summer 2019)
Uncover the glamour and rich heritage of France, as you journey from iconic Paris to the heart of romantic Provence and on to the dazzling French Riviera. Along the way, you’ll travel in VIP comfort, stay in luxurious hotels and be introduced to passionate foodies and historians. Taste local specialities on a gourmet culinary walk in Paris, follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh in Arles and visit the timeless Ch?teau de Vaux-Le-Vicomte and Villa Rothschild. On select departure dates join Count Remy de Scitivaux for a dazzling dinner at Le Procope, the oldest Parisian restaurant in continuous operation. The restaurant is a place full of history and is where some of the greatest writers and intellectuals met, including Rousseau, Diderot and Verlaine. Count Remy will explain why this 400-year-old restaurant is one of his favorites and he’ll share more about his noble background and estate. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman’s Collection.
- Rouen: During your gourmet walking discovery tour with your Local Expert, experience delights of this historic town as you visit a selection of shops to try regional specialities like delicious cider or the chocolate confection unique to Rouen known as the ‘Tears of Joan of Arc.’
- Paris: A typically French bistro, the iconic Le Petit Prince de Paris has been a haven of warm hospitality since 1450 when it served as a lively tavern. Today it’s an atmospheric French restaurant famous for its old-world charm and farm-to-table fare.
- Paris: Join a passionate food connoisseur for a small-group gourmet foodie walk through the streets of Paris. Visit a variety of patisseries, boulangeries and chocolatiers, taste delicious specialities and meet passionate foodies along the way.
- Paris: Enjoy a privately-hosted dinner at a local Parisian’s home and savour home-cooked French fare at its best. Your EatWith host will give you a real flavour of what local life is really like.
- Chteauneuf-du-Pape: Explore the medieval hillside village of Chteauneuf-du-Pape and savour some of the world’s best wines during a wine tasting hosted at a renowned vineyard.
- Provence: Visit Maison de Bournissac, a family-owned olive oil mill in the heart of Provence, to learn about the traditional production process and savour a taste of award-winning olive oil served beneath a fig tree. Set within the traditional farmhouse, the Michelin-starred La Maison Domaine de Bournissac is a celebration of Provençal culinary specialities and delights. Chef and owner, Christian Peyre, uses local produce that he frequently sources from his own garden.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Paris: As a guest of Luxury Gold, skip the line and gain fast-tracked, VIP access to the Eiffel Tower, the classic icon of France. With your Local Expert, ascend to its second story and take in spectacular views of Paris.
- Paris: Experience first-class comfort as your travel aboard the TGV train to Avignon, passing through the French countryside.
- Avignon: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the City of Popes, Avignon. See the medieval fortified city walls and the immense Gothic Papal Palace.
- Arles: Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh as your Local Expert walks you through the city that inspired many of the artist’s paintings.
- Arles: Visit the famous Arles Amphitheatre and a collection of structures dating back to when the city was a capital during Roman rule.
- Provence: Appreciate the engineering genius of the Ancient Romans, during a visit to Pont du Gard, the world’s best-preserved aqueduct and a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site.
- Les-Baux-de-Provence: Explore the village’s winding streets and take in panoramic views from one of the most picturesque villages in France, set atop an outcrop in the Alpilles Mountains and crowed with a ruined castle.
- St Rémy-de-Provence: Join your Travelling Concierge for an exploration of the village of St-Rémy-de-Provence.
- Aix-en-Provence: In Aix-en-Provence, stroll through elegant mansions and maybe relax at one of the bustling cafes of the Cours Mirabeau.
- St-Paul-de-Vence: St-Paul-de-Vence is a hilltop village where contemporary painters celebrate art as a living tradition. Walk through winding streets and marvel at elegant fountains, vinecovered stone walls, and views of mountains and sea.
- Monaco: Join your Travelling Concierge for guided sightseeing of glamourous Monaco. See the Grand Prix circuit – famous for hosting the annual Formula One Monaco Grand Prix – explore the old town, and admire the Royal Palace where the Grimaldi family lives. Wander along the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral, which houses the tombs of the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.
- Corniche Roads: Admire the stunning views along Europe’s most beautiful coast as you travel the ‘Moyenne Corniche’, clinging to rocks between sea and sky.
- French Riviera: Join a Local Expert for a visit to the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild along the French Riviera and marvel at its extensive art collection, wonderful gardens and panoramic vistas.
- Paris: Situated in the heart of the aristocratic district of Le Marais, this modern hotel places you moments away from iconic attractions such as Canal Saint-Martin and the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Its elegant guest bedrooms, luxury spa, traditional restaurant, bar and lounges are complimented by magnificent views of the Le Marais skyline.
- Arles: The five-star Jules Cesar Hotel has beautifully blended 18th century character with contemporary art. Curated by master of fashion, Christian Lacroix, the hotel places you in the hea…
Welcome to Paris.
Gourmet Foodie Walk and the Eiffel Tower.
VIP Visit to Chteau de Vaux-le-Vicomte.
The Heart of Provence - Avignon and Arles.
Pont du Gard and Chteauneuf-du-Pape.
Olive Oil Tasting in Provence and Michelin-starred Lunch.
Provencal Highlights and on to Monaco.
The Glitz and Glamour of Monaco.
Corniche Roads and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild.